- New committee members January. We have 3 volunteers but if anybody else would like to volunteer
- Attended STA conference, number of useful presentations we can make available for download through website
- Attended ETAG conference, 6 week free data for tourism course, share through TSA social media
- Meeting with Elmwood and Fife College, keen to do more around employability and the Tourism sector – WIP
- Contact with Madras College looking for opportunities for S4 School leavers to engage with tourism businesses with work experience
- Year of Coast and Water meeting
- Towns meeting – Laurie to update new town website and Scottie Dog Trail
- Engagement with Bruce Embankment toilets redevelopment started October 2019 including a changing places toilet!!
- Marketing, fundraising and planning support for BWCs and accessible St Andrews, congratulations to Jerry recent Rotary Award
- Cruise Conference in Aberdeen coming up further details re Cruise 2 St Andrews 2020 in December / January
- Volunteer recruitment underway for 2020
- Growing membership – 25 paid members to date – claim your listing underway
- Volunteer Sonja Neven to assist with membership
- St Andrews Destination App live please download
- Friends of Tourism St Andrews scheme launched – £50 per annum membership
- App POS available
- Perth icentre event November 16th
ST ANDREWS DESTINATION APP
- Download it here for iOS and Andriod https://tourismstandrews.co.uk/destination-app/
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS UPDATE
- Tourism St Andrews – B2B and B2C. Covering general tourism, events, tourism sector information and membership promotional content.
- St Andrews Beach Wheelchairs – promoting Accessible St Andrews where possible and not only beach wheelchairs service i.e. development of area accessible tourism propositions
- Cruise2StAndrews – promoting businesses featured in the booklet, advising of coach cruise passenger arrivals, marketing the AskAndrew service to visiting coach tours
- St Andrews App – new channel to promote content listed on the app including accommodation, eat/drink, to see and do. Focused B2C
- Scotland’s Accessible Beaches – developing channel to support app growth both in and around St Andrews and beyond
- Hamish Foundation – promoting all community projects delivered and supported by the Foundation and all fundraising initiatives
- #StAndrewsWinter – we’re looking to promote the general winter season tourism assets and promote member events and offers
- Build image library – engage with local social media group to expand album image library. If you have, please send
- #StAndrewsApp – continue promotion of consumer app download and also business listings => B2B and indirect B2C
- Member campaigns – engage with members to develop and deliver marketing campaigns via TSA social channels
- Member press releases and tag ins always welcome and encouraged
- Develop 2020 Year of Coast and Water programme
- “St Andrews – The Home of Coast and Water”
Promotional activities over next quarter…
- Promotional event at VisitScotland’s Perth iCentre this Saturday 16/11
- Further iCentre events being planned at various locations
- Promotional literature planned for inclusion in all 26 iCentres
- FAM trip planning started – general buyers visit
- Member2Member FAM trips being planned
Plastic Free St Andrews
We heard an excellent presentation by Daphne Biliouri-Grant of moving towards a plastic free St Andrews.
Achievements to date:
- Engaging with major stakeholders: BID St. Andrews, Fife Council, R&A, St. Andrews Links Trust, Tourism St. Andrews, University of St. Andrews
- 12 local businesses have achieved SAS Plastic Free accreditation
- In discussion with over 40 other businesses interested in reducing the use of single-use plastics in their operations and obtaining SAS Plastic Free status
- In the process of establishing a Best Practice Group amongst the food and drinks sector in St. Andrews
- In the process of establishing an award scheme for all businesses wishing to engage with the initiative and work towards establishing a common waste management strategy
BID ST ANDREWS
- Promoted the BIG DAY HOOLIE on 30th November.
- Made us aware of the BID St Andrews Gift Card Programme. Signups so far are:
- J & G Innes Ltd
- Alchemia Jewellers
- Zest (St Andrews) Ltd
- Criterion Bar
- The Gift Gallery
- Artery St Andrews
- Spoiled hairdressing
- Ryman Stationery
- Millers Tale
- Rogue St Andrews
- Mountain Warehouse
- Criterion Bar
- St Andrews Wine Company
- West Port Print & Design Ltd
- Past and Present Fife
- Cook Central
- Embrace Life
- Fraser Gallery St Andrews
- Jewel St Andrews
- The Pro Shop
- Who can join
- We currently have over 40 businesses signed up ahead of launch.
- The Program is open to all BID Businesses for free if they accept Mastercard and have a swipe machine.
- Non Bid Businesses will be able to join as a BID Opt In Member following the launch. Please contact me for further details.
- Supporting the Local Economy
- Locks in spend for participating businesses – the money on the cards can only be spent with them.
- Businesses like people spending money with them. Peak time for redemptions is January / February.
- Consumers explore more when they have a gift card – over 15% of redemptions are made by consumers trying a business for the first time.
- Consumers spend on average 35% more than the value of the card they have been given.
- Not just for Christmas
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Valentine’s Day
- Corporate Gifting
- Teacher’s Gifts
- Just because….
- Follow the Gift Card @StAndrewsGiftCard
Fife Tourism Partnership
Fife Tourism Conference 2019 – Fairmont St Andrews 15th November
Get Yer Kilt On
Simply upload an image (or video) of yourself to any social media channel, using the #GetYerKiltOn hashtag. We will share your photographs on our Welcome to Fife pages on the run up to St Andrew’s Day which takes place on the 30th of November! You can take your photo anywhere you like – the wackier better. (remember to make sure your post is public so that we can see it!).
Savour St Andrews – St Andrews Day Dinner
Thursday November 28th, 2019, 7pm
– The Ballroom, Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa
£75 per person including a welcome cocktail/drinks reception, a six course dinner cooked by award winning local chefs, wines to match the menu and a whisky toast. Fundraiser for SRUC Elmwood and Fife College professional cookery student bursaries. To book email email@example.com or call +44(0)1334 468181
YEAR OF COAST AND WATER
- Intended to run the social media theme #HomeofCoastandWater to link together all events
- Extend Harbour festival to 3 days, bigger community and visitor event – seek Event funding
- Exploring the maritime history of the walk from West Sands to East Sands and the link between Caddies and the Fishermen.
- Group formed included Neil Dobson, Marion Mason, Judy Chance, Blown Away and Lorraine Garvie, Fairmont Hotel
- Next meeting 29th November, BGM
- More plans to be discussed at next meeting
- Looking to link an active program linking East and West Sands running, walking, swimming, cycling, kayaking etc
- Please join us
FUTURE TSA MEETINGS
- Xmas networking event 3rd December kindly hosted by Old Course Hotel
- 28th January 2020
- 10th March 2020
- AGM 28th April 2020
- Venue St Andrews Library Meeting Room unless otherwise advised
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Tay Spirits FAM trip
- Reopening of MUSA as the Wardlaw Museum in 2020.
- 3rd December Xmas Drinks kindly hosted by Old Course Hotel
- Thanks for coming and a big thankyou to the Fairmont for hosting us